What is Medicaid?
- A government insurance program for persons with limited income and assets or resources
What are the eligibility guidelines?
- The guidelines are different for each Medicaid program the State of Ohio offers
- All applicants and recipients must verify their income
- Some individuals must also verify their resources (assets such as a car, bank accounts, property, etc) as an eligibility requirement
What are the different Medicaid programs the State of Ohio offers?
Click on the links for more information on each program:
- Medicaid for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (ABD Medicaid)
- Modified Adjusted Gross Income Medicaid for Adults, Children, and Families (MAGI Medicaid)
- Medicaid Waiver Program
- Nursing Home and Long Term-Care Medicaid
- Medicaid Buy-in for Workers with Disabilities (MBIWD)
- Medicare Premium Assistance Programs (MPAP)
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Project (BCCP)
What medical services does Medicaid cover?
- Generally, each program (with the exception of the MPAP and BCCP programs) must cover the same services for all individuals
- For a list of covered services, click here to be directed to the Ohio Department of Medicaid's website