Who is potentially eligible for ABD Medicaid?
- Adults age 65 or older
- Children and adults who receive Medicare
- Individuals who are blind or disabled per the Social Security Administration (SSA) --these people usually receive SSI or RSDI income from the SSA
What are some other eligibility guidelines?
- All receipients must be Ohio residents
- Individuals cannot own over $2,000 worth of countable resources. Resources are assets such as vehicles, life insurance policies, property, and bank accounts. Certain resources are exempt, such as one vehicle and someone's residence; others count toward the $2,000 resource limit. For a married couple, the resource limit is $3,000
- All household income must be verified
- SSI income does not count in the ABD Medicaid budget but must be verified
- The income limit for a single individual is $735 and the income limit for a couple is $1,103.
How do I apply for ABD Medicaid?
- The easiest way is online at https://www.benefits.ohio.gov/
- For a list of other ways to apply for ABD Medicaid, click here
Where can I go if I have additional questions on ABD Medicaid?
- Call the Medicaid Consumer Hotline at 1-800-324-8680
- Visit the Ohio Department of Medicaid's website at http://medicaid.ohio.gov/HOME.aspx