The child care workers at LCJFS have two main responsibilities:
- Determining eligibility for publicly-funded child care for low income parents and parents receiving OWF cash assistance. This allows parents to work, obtain job training, or attend school while being assured that their children are cared for in a safe, quality environment.
- State licensing the child care provider homes. This involves completing home inspections, gathering and checking references, and doing background checks.
In addition to completing an annual re-certification of benefits, recipients of child care assistance are responsible to report the following changes within 10 days of the change:
- Address change
- Change in employment (losing or gaining employment, change in employers, increase or decrease in hours or rate of pay)
- Change in number of people living in the home
- Change in child care center or provider
- Changes in school attendance/enrollment status
The child care workers at LCJFS are proud to serve Lorain County's families.
- Approximately 1,650 families each month receive publicly-funded child care assistance
- Lorain County has approximately 110 in-home child care providers
- There are approximately 85 licensed child care centers in Lorain County