Lorain County Job & Family Services


This area is comprised of the Data Entry Unit, Bookkeeping, and the Payment Accuracy Unit. The Data Entry unit enters all administrative orders, as well as all court orders for child support or spousal support, modifications and journal entries with other changes. The Payment Accuracy unit contains Auditors who review and prepare audits of cases using payment histories and disbursement activity to ensure accuracy. Although all child support and spousal support payments are entered and disbursed by Child Support Payment Central in Columbus, the county is responsible to make adjustments and corrections to posted payments for child support, spousal support, birth expenses, legal fees, and other ordered payments payable through the CSEA. Recoupment accounts for overpayments are also established and monitored by this area. The CSEA also accepts payments from obligors who personally appear at our Payment Office.

Why is my check smaller this time?
If the smaller check was the last of the month, you may have received your full amount for the month. Administrative processing fees are above your monthly ordered amount and are collected by the CSEA at the end of the month.

I did not receive my last payment. Why aren't you taking action against the obligor?
All child support orders are administered on a monthly basis. Until the obligor is behind an amount equal to one month's support he/she is not considered in default and action cannot be taken.

When can I request a review of my order?
A review may be requested every three years or if there has been a 30% change in income beyond the control of either party. There may be other reasons CSEA can review the order.

How long does it take the CSEA to receive paternity test results?
It takes several weeks to receive the results from the testing lab. Results are mailed to the parties.

Is there a cost for CSEA services?
No, services are free to the custodial parent. The parent paying support pays an administrative fee pursuant to state law.

What if I purchase things for my child over and above my support order?
Any gift or money not paid through the CSEA is considered a gift and not credited to your obligation.

When will I have to use direct deposit or an "e-card" to receive my support payments?
Payments sent to the State of Ohio are issued in either of two ways:

  1. EFT- Direct deposit to your checking or savings account.
  2. E-Payment Card- Payments are deposited to your state issued "e Master Card" which can be cashed in at banks or used as debit cards at retailers. **Please note effective July 1, 2019 the Ohio e-QuickPay Debit Mastercard will be discontinued, and a new card (the SmiONE payment card) will take its place. For a smooth transition, make sure your Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) has your correct address on file and keep your e-QuickPay card until you spend down the balance. The balance will NOT transfer, however it can still be used after July 1, 2019.

Making Child Support Payments

Payments can be made with cash, cashier's check, personal check, or money order at the Lorain County CSEA lobby, Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:15pm.

**Now accepting CREDIT CARD payments for child support obligations by phone at 1-888-965-2676 (option 5) or online at https://oh.smartchildsupport.com.**

Payments made online at https://oh.smartchildsupport.com accept direct debit, American Express, China UnionPay, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, Alipay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and WeChat Pay.

Payments can be made on the Ohio Child Support Mobile Application (Available on the App Store and Google Play.) 

Payments by check or money order (made out to Ohio CSPC) can be mailed to
P.O. Box 182372
Columbus, OH 43218-2394
***To ensure prompt and accurate posting to your child support case, please be sure to include the following with your payment:
  • Your Name,
  • Your Social Security Number (optional),
  • SETS Case Number(s) (10-digit number that begins with a 7),
  • Court Order Number, and
  • Amount that should be applied to each case if you have more than one case.