Latest News & Updates from LCDJFS
***If you want to apply for Medicaid call 1-844-640-6446 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm.
***If you are inquiring about a pending application that was submitted online throught the Ohio Benefits System after 8/1/17 call 1-844-640-6446 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm.
It's Tax Time!!!
If you worked in 2016, you may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit -even if you don't owe income tax. You also may qualify for free assistance with the preparation and filing of your income tax return through the Lorain County Free Tax Prep Coalition, a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. Ohio Means Jobs is one of this year's tax preparation sites. Appointments can be made by calling 2-1-1.
Online Voter Registration
Ohio residents are now able to register to vote online! The Secretary of State's Online Voter Registration (OLVR) system allows an applicant to securely and efficiently submit a voter registration application online to the Secretary of State's Office. In order to use OLVR, an applicant must have a valid Ohio driver's license or state identification card. The following information will be requested to complete the online voter registration and must match the applicant's BMV information:
- Applicant's name
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of applicant's Social Security number
- Ohio driver's license or state identification number
- Consent for the Ohio Secretary of State's Office to obtain applicant's signature
Simply click on the link below to register.
Prevention, Retention, and Contingency
Ohio's Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) program provides work supports and other services to help low-income parents overcome immediate barriers to employment. It is funded through the federal Temporay Assistance for Needy Families program. Those receiving assistance from other public assistance programs-including Supplemental Nutrion Assistance Program (SNAP, formally known as food stamps)- also may be eligible for PRC service.
PRC services vary between counties based on community needs. Each county has a PRC plan stating the types of services available in that county and the eligibilty criteria for them. County PRC plans can be found at jfs.ohio.gov/owf/prc/county/countytable.stm
Vehicle Repair Funding
LCDJFS currently has a PRC program funding vehicle repairs for those who qualify. Vehicle repairs may include reasonable cost of parts and labor for major repairs and maintenance, however excludes regular maintenance such as oil changes, wind shield wipers, light bulbs, etc. Applications can be completed in the CSEA lobby Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm. Requirements are:
* Client must be employed or self-employed for the past 90 days or required to participate in a work activity through OWF/JOBS or SNAP Employment and Training program
*Vehicle must be currently titled and registered in the client’s name for the past 30 days
*Client must have a current/valid Driver’s License
*Client must have current proof of insurance for the vehicle
*A child must be residing in the household
*Two written estimates within the past 30 days from an agency approved dealer/garage with a tax-payer ID number
New Pediatric Dentistry Location
Lorain County Health and Dentistry has opened a new pediatric dentistry location at 105 Louden Court in Elyria. For hours and other information, click here.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
The Stocker Foundation presents Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. This program is a 60 volume set of books beginning with the children's classic The Little Engine That Could. Each month a new book will be mailed in your child's name at no cost to the family. See the attached flyer for more information. Flyer also available in Spanish.
Interim reports can be completed online!
- Submitting required forms online is the best way to provide documents to LCJFS
- It's more convenient for you, and it cuts down on lobby traffic
- Click here to access your case online and submit your interim report
Case Profile Printouts
The front desk can no longer provide case profile printouts for WIC, HEAP, Community Action, and/or Section-8/LMHA.
In order to obtain a case profile, you must set up online access to your account by following the directions below. There are computers and printers in the LCDJFS lobby where you may print your case profile free of charge during our normal business hours (Tuesday: 7:45 am - 6:15 pm; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:45am - 4:15pm). An agency staff member is usually available to assist with this process on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday between the hours of 8:00am - 8:30am and 2:00pm - 3:00 pm.
- set up online access to your case at https://odjfsbenefits.ohio.gov/SelfServiceSplash.jsf.
- On the "Home" screen, select the "Review Benefits" tab. Print this page. It shows your current and future benefit issuance history.
- On the "Review Benefits" screen, select "Click Here For History" for each individual benefit to get up to 12 months of benefit issuance history.
- Return to the "Home' screen and select the "Review Case Information" tab. This page lists the people on your case, their dates of birth, and the benefits your household receives. Print this page.
- On the "Report a Change" tab, indicate whether or not you would like to register to vote and submit your answer. Then, select the appropriate computer option from the drop-down box and hit the submit button. This takes you to a "Case Summary" page. Print this page.
2017 Holidays / Agency Closed Dates
New Years Day
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 16|
|President's Day||February 20|
|Memorial Day||May 29|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||September 4|
|Columbus Day||October 9|
|Veterans Day||November 10|
|Thanksgiving||November 23 & 24|
|Christmas||December 25 & 26|