Latest News & Updates from LCDJFS
Coronavirus Pandemic Child Care Information for Families
Families needing to use a child care provider for their essential job during this State of Emergency, can use the link to search for providers that are able to accept children. There is a list for centers and home providers. The list is in County alphabetical order, and are updated daily by the State. Also on the site is a list of the essential jobs that will be given priority for using the child care. We suggest calling the provider first to see if there are openings and any other questions you might have. http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/CoronavirusAndChildcareForFamilies/
CSEA Lobby closure and document drop off
The LCDJFS main lobby and Child Support lobby are closed due to the Pandemic and State of Emergency. Any documents needed to be dropped off for the CSEA can be put into the drop box located outside of the LCDJFS main lobby door (under the clock), Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm.
Lobby Hours/Horario de recepcion
Until further notice our lobbies will be closed. Please access our website on the internet for agency business.
Hasta nuevo aviso nuestros recepciones estan cerradas. Favor de accesar a nuestro sitio web de internet para negocios de agencia.
Access Our Services
Important information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) for our clients.
The Lorain County Commissioners, due to safety concerns related to the Coronavirus, have requested that LCDJFS undertake the following precautionary measures:
- The agency will remain open, but lobby traffic will be limited to avoid large crowds gathering. If you are concerned about spending time in the lobby other means of verification submission also include via fax (440-323-3422), use the dropbox, or use the self-service kiosk in the lobby. You can apply for benefits by phone at 1-844-640-6446, or online at https://benenfits.ohio.gov .
- All scheduled in person appointments will now be considered phone appointments. If you do not hear from us call to confirm we have your most current phone number.
For CSEA Clients:
- Clients are encouraged to mail in, fax, or Web Portal in documents. You can access the Web Portal for payments histories, inquiries regarding your case or you can contact our Customer Service for additonal questions or concerns. When requesting a payment history through our Customer Service Call Center, please be advised that our representatives will be mailing or emailing those out to you.
Thank you for your patience during this time, the agency apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause, but the health of all clients and employees is of the utmost importance. Our lobby will remain open at normal business hours.
Child Support-Customer Service Portal www.jfs.ohio.gov
Child Support-Customer Service Call Center 440-284-4401
Child Support-Fax 440-323-3422
SNAP, TANF, and/or Medicaid Benefits Terminated Scam
These calls are not generated by the state of Ohio or any of its agencies. If you receive a call like this you are encouraged to report them to the State of Ohio Attorney General’s Office at 1-80-282-0515 or https://ohioprotects.org .
SNAP, TANF, and/or Medicaid Overpayment Scam
(02/25/2020) -- LCDJFS has recently become aware of a current scam where clients receive a phone call from an unlisted/restricted phone number stating you must make a payment towards your overpaid JFS benefits otherwise the agency will take you to court. This is a scam. If the agency has determined you have received benefits that you should not have, you will be notified by mail which includes how to make payments. Our agency does not accept any online or over-the-phone payments- only cash, check, or money order payments. Cash payments must be made in person at our agency whereas check and money order payments can be made in person or mailed to our agency. If an investigator from our agency has determined you have an overpayment and they call you, his or her number would be listed on caller-ID and they will identify themselves appropriately. Their phone call would not include making you complete a payment over the phone. If you are ever in doubt of a phone call regarding an overpayment, you may call our agency switchboard at 440-323-5726 or 440-244-4150 and our operator will connect you with one of our workers.
Phone Number Correction for Reapplication Interviews
Effective Tuesday, October 1, 2019, you must call 1-844-640-6446 to complete your reapplication interview. Appointment letters were mailed with the incorrect phone number on the packet. Please make sure to call 1-844-640-6446 during your assigned appointment time to complete your reapplication interview for SNAP, TANF and Medicaid. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please see below to follow the correct prompts to ensure your call is routed to the correct area.
For more information visit: www.census.gov
Upcoming Changes to Ohio's Support Program
Starting on July 1, 2019, the Ohio e-QuickPay Debit Mastercard will be discontinued, and a new card will take its place: the SmiONE payment card.
For a smooth transition, make sure your Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) has your correct address on file. Keep your e-QuickPay card until you spend down the balance. The balance will NOT transfer and can still be used after July 1, 2019.
State Hearings SHARE Portal
The Bureau of State Hearings has redesigned and deployed the SHARE (State Hearings Access to Records Electronically) Portal. Clients are able to log in to the SHARE site using their Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal login and password. The Portal will provide access for appellants and authorized representatives to review state hearing records, request a hearing, upload a document, request a reschedule, or withdraw a hearing. To access the Portal, please click here. To watch a video on how to use the Portal, please click here.
A self-scanning kiosk is now located in the LCDJFS main lobby for clients to scan and submit their own documents without having to take a number and wait for a front desk staff member. Clients also have the option to use the self-scanning kiosk located at LCCC on the first floor near the library. Any Child Care, SNAP, TANF, and/or Medicaid recipient with an active case can skip the wait and scan any documents they need to turn in by using the new kiosk. Individuals will need to know the Social Security Number and Date of Birth for one of the active recipients on the case. LCDJFS has staff available to assist clients when using the kiosk, however it is very user friendly. After scanning all documents, the kiosk will print a receipt with the date and time, as well as how many documents were scanned.
LCCAA HEAP Updates
Utility help through LCCAA HEAP. New satellite offices are being opened up throughout Lorain County. Check the following link for locations, dates, and times: https://www.lccaa.net/news?view=270
EBT Card Issuance
If you have had an EBT card in the past, you will not receive a new one when new benefits are authorized. You will need to call for a replacement if you no longer have the card. For the Ohio Direction card hotline for SNAP benefits, call 1-866-386-3071. For the Ohio EPPICard hotline for Cash Assistance benefits, call 1-866-320-8822.
It's Tax Time!!!
If you worked in 2019, you may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit -even if you don't owe income tax. You also may qualify for free assistance with the preparation and filing of your income tax return through the Lorain County Free Tax Prep Coalition, a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. Ohio Means Jobs is one of this year's tax preparation sites. Appointments can be made by calling 2-1-1.
Online Voter Registration
Ohio residents are now able to register to vote online! The Secretary of State's Online Voter Registration (OLVR) system allows an applicant to securely and efficiently submit a voter registration application online to the Secretary of State's Office. In order to use OLVR, an applicant must have a valid Ohio driver's license or state identification card. The following information will be requested to complete the online voter registration and must match the applicant's BMV information:
- Applicant's name
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of applicant's Social Security number
- Ohio driver's license or state identification number
- Consent for the Ohio Secretary of State's Office to obtain applicant's signature
Simply click on this link to register.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
The Stocker Foundation presents Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. This program is a 60 volume set of books beginning with the children's classic The Little Engine That Could. Each month a new book will be mailed in your child's name at no cost to the family. See the attached flyer for more information. Flyer also available in Spanish.
Interim reports can be completed online!
- Submitting required forms online is the best way to provide documents to LCJFS
- It's more convenient for you, and it cuts down on lobby traffic
- Click here to access your case online and submit your interim report
Case Profile Printouts
The front desk can no longer provide case profile printouts for WIC, HEAP, Community Action, and/or Section-8/LMHA.
In order to obtain a case profile, you must set up online access to your account by following the directions below. There are computers and printers in the LCDJFS lobby where you may print your case profile free of charge during our normal business hours (Monday- Friday: 7:45am - 4:00pm). An agency staff member is usually available to assist with this process on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday between the hours of 8:00am - 8:30am and 2:00pm - 3:00 pm.
- set up online access to your case at https://odjfsbenefits.ohio.gov/SelfServiceSplash.jsf.
- On the "Home" screen, select the "Review Benefits" tab. Print this page. It shows your current and future benefit issuance history.
- On the "Review Benefits" screen, select "Click Here For History" for each individual benefit to get up to 12 months of benefit issuance history.
- Return to the "Home' screen and select the "Review Case Information" tab. This page lists the people on your case, their dates of birth, and the benefits your household receives. Print this page.
- On the "Report a Change" tab, indicate whether or not you would like to register to vote and submit your answer. Then, select the appropriate computer option from the drop-down box and hit the submit button. This takes you to a "Case Summary" page. Print this page.
2020 Holidays / Agency Closed Dates
New Year's Day
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 20|
|Presidents' Day||February 17|
|Memorial Day||May 25|
|Independence Day||July 3|
|Labor Day||September 7|
|Columbus Day||October 12|
|Veterans Day||November 11|
|Thanksgiving||November 26 & 27|
New Year's Eve
December 24 & 25