Latest News & Updates from LCDJFS
Temporary Phone Connectivity Issues
The Lorain County JFS and CSEA Call Centers are temporarily experiencing phone connectivity issues due to a change in phone systems. Please utilize the LCDJFS.com website to report changes to your case or the CSEA web portal as an alternative to contacting the Agency. Thank you for your patience.
EBT Card Issuance
If you have had an EBT card in the past, you will not receive a new one when new benefits are authorized. You will need to call for a replacement if you no longer have the card. For the Ohio Direction card hotline for SNAP benefits, call 1-866-386-3071. For the Ohio EPPICard hotline for Cash Assistance benefits, call 1-866-320-8822.
Prevention, Retention, and Contingency
Ohio's Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) program provides work supports and other services to help low-income parents overcome immediate barriers to employment. It is funded through the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. Those receiving assistance from other public assistance programs-including Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formally known as food stamps)- also may be eligible for PRC service.
PRC services vary between counties based on community needs. Each county has a PRC plan stating the types of services available in that county and the eligibility criteria for them. Effective 11/16/2018, the PRC Program will be closed until further notice. Applications that are pending approval, and those received on 11/16/2018 will continue to be reviewed for eligibility.
- Vehicle Repairs
- Shelter Costs
- Past Due Utilities
- Stove, Refrigerator, or Beds
Ohio Benefits Interactive Voice Response Feature
On May 31, 2018 the statewide contact center for Medicaid consumers received an interactive voice response feature for the call system at 1-844-640-6446. Consumers are now able to set up case notifications and reminders via text after verifying social security number and date of birth. Consumers will also receive a brief case status update when they call this hotline. In addition to this update, the new system will also have the functionality to robocall consumers whose benefits have been discontinued for failure to complete a renewal.
It's Tax Time!!!
If you worked in 2017, you may be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit -even if you don't owe income tax. You also may qualify for free assistance with the preparation and filing of your income tax return through the Lorain County Free Tax Prep Coalition, a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. Ohio Means Jobs is one of this year's tax preparation sites. Appointments can be made by calling 2-1-1.
Online Voter Registration
Ohio residents are now able to register to vote online! The Secretary of State's Online Voter Registration (OLVR) system allows an applicant to securely and efficiently submit a voter registration application online to the Secretary of State's Office. In order to use OLVR, an applicant must have a valid Ohio driver's license or state identification card. The following information will be requested to complete the online voter registration and must match the applicant's BMV information:
- Applicant's name
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of applicant's Social Security number
- Ohio driver's license or state identification number
- Consent for the Ohio Secretary of State's Office to obtain applicant's signature
New Pediatric Dentistry Location
Lorain County Health and Dentistry has opened a new pediatric dentistry location at 105 Louden Court in Elyria. For hours and other information, click here.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
The Stocker Foundation presents Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. This program is a 60 volume set of books beginning with the children's classic The Little Engine That Could. Each month a new book will be mailed in your child's name at no cost to the family. See the attached flyer for more information. Flyer also available in Spanish.
Interim reports can be completed online!
- Submitting required forms online is the best way to provide documents to LCJFS
- It's more convenient for you, and it cuts down on lobby traffic
- Click here to access your case online and submit your interim report
Case Profile Printouts
The front desk can no longer provide case profile printouts for WIC, HEAP, Community Action, and/or Section-8/LMHA.
In order to obtain a case profile, you must set up online access to your account by following the directions below. There are computers and printers in the LCDJFS lobby where you may print your case profile free of charge during our normal business hours (Tuesday: 7:45 am - 6:00 pm; Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:45am - 4:00pm). An agency staff member is usually available to assist with this process on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday between the hours of 8:00am - 8:30am and 2:00pm - 3:00 pm.
- set up online access to your case at https://odjfsbenefits.ohio.gov/SelfServiceSplash.jsf.
- On the "Home" screen, select the "Review Benefits" tab. Print this page. It shows your current and future benefit issuance history.
- On the "Review Benefits" screen, select "Click Here For History" for each individual benefit to get up to 12 months of benefit issuance history.
- Return to the "Home' screen and select the "Review Case Information" tab. This page lists the people on your case, their dates of birth, and the benefits your household receives. Print this page.
- On the "Report a Change" tab, indicate whether or not you would like to register to vote and submit your answer. Then, select the appropriate computer option from the drop-down box and hit the submit button. This takes you to a "Case Summary" page. Print this page.
2018 Holidays / Agency Closed Dates
New Years Day
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 15|
|President's Day||February 19|
|Memorial Day||May 28|
|Independence Day||July 4|
|Labor Day||September 3|
|Columbus Day||October 8|
|Veterans Day||November 12|
|Thanksgiving||November 22 & 23|
New Year's Eve
December 24 & 25