What transportation services are offered for recipients of public assistance?
- The Non-Emergency (NET) Transportation Program provides rides to and from medical appointments.
- The OWF Cash Assistance Program provides certain OWF Cash Assistance recipients rides to and from work sites.
Non-Emergency (NET) Transportation
Who is eligible to receive NET?
- All Medicaid recipients
- Medicaid recipients who have a monthly Spend-Down must meet the Spend-Down before they can receive transportation services
How does the program work?
- LCJFS opens a NET case for Medicaid recipients in need of transportation assistance with either LifeCare Ambulance Services, Provide a Ride, or Lorain County Transit
- Clients who will be using transportation services are determined to be eligible by the LCDJFS Transportation Coordinator. The clients must then call the provider to arrange for future services
- ALL NET rides require 48 hours notice
What types of appointments can I get transportation assistance for?
- Medicaid appointments ONLY
- Transportation can be out of Lorain County, as long as the medical facility accepts Medicaid AND the physician/medical facility provides written veriifcation that the services they are performing are not available in Lorain County
If I receive Medicaid through an HMO, can I still qualify for the NET Program?
- Only after you have exhausted all of the HMO's transportation services. To find out what types of transportation your HMO covers, please visit the following websites:
Is there any limit to the number of times I can use the NET Program?
How do I apply for the NET Program?
- Call the LCJFS Transportation Coordinator at (440) 284-4355
OWF Cash Assistance and Transportation
Who is eligible to receive transportation services through the OWF Cash Assistance Program?
- Only those recipients of OWF Cash Assistance who are required to travel to and from a Work Experience Program (WEP) or a JOBS Program worksite
What types of transportation assistance are available through this program?
- Bus tickets
- $50 monthly travel allowance (issued in conjunction with OWF monthly benefit allotment)
How do I find more information about this program?
- If you receive OWF Cash Assistance and have questions about this program, call your ESC/JOBS Worker or the LCJFS Call Center at (440) 284-4300