Adult Protective Services
What is the Adult Protective Services program?
- LCJFS is mandated by state law to receive and investigate reports of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of adults age 60 and older
- APS also provides services that prevent, solve, or reduce situations that endanger older adults. The services are meant to maximize independence
Who can receive services through APS?
- Adults age 60 and older
- Must be suffering from some form of cognitive or physical impairment that prevents them from providing for their own care or protection
What should I do if I suspect someone is a victim of elder abuse?
There are several ways you can report the abuse to the APS Department at LCJFS:
- Complete this form and mail, fax, or bring to LCJFS
- E-mail APS by clicking here
- Call the APS direct line at (440) 284-4465
- Call the 24/7 Statewide APS hotline at 855-644-6277
- The name of the person reporting suspected abuse is always kept confidential; however, anonymous reports are also accepted.